Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The countdown is on!!!

Today was a good day! Brooklyn had another snow day today! That is 4 snow days in the last week! Craziness! The morning started with some fighting. My kids have seen too much of each other this past week. Brooklyn hasn't been in school since last Tuesday because of storms and sickness. Just as I started to pull my hair out, I thought of an idea! We leave for Disney World in 26 days!! So I thought it would be fun to make countdowns for them to hang on their bedroom doors. I searched Pinterest for the perfect one. I found this: http://toysinthedryer.com/disney-countdown-ring/. A Disney chain countdown! How fun!!! Of course the kids thought so too :)
Something was missing!! Disney tunes. We cranked the stereo up with our Disney favorites. Brooklyn and Landon thought it would be fun if some friends joined us! They disappeared to their bedrooms to get them!!
Great! So we had an audience of cuddly friends!! Perfect!! So we got started. I don't think you need a step by step guide on how to make this. It is super super easy, but here are some pictures of the process!! Oh and just to add some surprise to our trip, I added a few extra days onto the countdown(bad mommy), so when they think they still have a couple days left(he he he), we are going to put them in the car and head to Disney! Although, they won't know where they are going because they still have "3 days" left on the countdown!! I'm so sneaky!! ;) HOW FUN!!




You get the idea? Good :) Kids are amused so easily! It is great. I love these little moments with them! I cherish them! I guess that is the main reason why I wanted to start blogging, and soon to be, vlogging, their lives. They grow so fast! I need to keep these moments! I want to remember every second!

Progress is being made......





I think it is adorable that they wanted their Disney pals to watch them make the countdowns. Please stay little!
All done!!! Success!!! The fighting has ended. Everyone is getting a long.....It was a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment